Roni Putnam named academic All-American
A Gothenburg student is one of 11 student-athletes at Southeast Community College who have earned Academic All-America awards from the National Junior College Athletic Association during the 2012-2013 seasons.
Roni Putnam of Gothenburg, a sophomore participating in women’s softball, was an exemplary award winner for her grade point average of 3.76.
“I congratulate these student athletes and Storm athletic teams for their academic excellence,” said Dan Johnson, Storm athletic director. “It can be challenging to juggle time in a sport and time studying. We’re extremely proud of all of these students.”
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant