Juniors struggle to score any runs
The Gothenburg Juniors faced tough pitching in their 19-1 loss against Cozad last week.
The Melons were coming off a tough loss to Lexington June 9 and the struggles at the plate continued.
A one run first inning looked positive defensively for the Melons before they surrendered 12 runs in the second inning.
Three Gothenburg pitchers gave up five more runs in the third inning.
Offensively the Juniors continued to struggle as they were no-hit for the second straight game. Gothenburg’s only run came after Skyler Schwanz and Dominic Long earned back to back walks.
A double steal put Melon runners in scoring position, before Schwanz stole home to score the only run of the game for Gothenburg.
Riley Ostendorf started on the mound for the Melons, Braeden Brundage and Long threw in relief.
The Gothenburg Juniors will take a break until Wednesday, June 26, when they travel to Overton.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout