Juniors struggle to score any runs
The Gothenburg Juniors faced tough pitching in their 19-1 loss against Cozad last week.
The Melons were coming off a tough loss to Lexington June 9 and the struggles at the plate continued.
A one run first inning looked positive defensively for the Melons before they surrendered 12 runs in the second inning.
Three Gothenburg pitchers gave up five more runs in the third inning.
Offensively the Juniors continued to struggle as they were no-hit for the second straight game. Gothenburg’s only run came after Skyler Schwanz and Dominic Long earned back to back walks.
A double steal put Melon runners in scoring position, before Schwanz stole home to score the only run of the game for Gothenburg.
Riley Ostendorf started on the mound for the Melons, Braeden Brundage and Long threw in relief.
The Gothenburg Juniors will take a break until Wednesday, June 26, when they travel to Overton.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly