Brady resident arrested for gun theft
A Brady resident, 23-year-old Seth Schuett, was arrested Monday for alleged burglary, criminal mischief and possession of a stolen firearm.
The arrest is in connection with items missing from a forced entry into a Maxwell home between May 24 and 26 where various items were removed that included seven guns.
Last Saturday, Lincoln County sheriff deputies received a call from the victim of the burglary who said he found some of the stolen firearms at a rummage sale in Sutherland.
Deputies responded and secured five firearms, all of which were identified by the victim. The subject running the rummage sale said he’d bought the weapons from Schuett.
On Monday, Schuett was contacted and spoke with deputies. He allowed them to search his residence and they found one more of the missing guns.
Schuett said he’d sold the final weapon to another subject. Deputies tracked down the subject who provided the missing firearm.
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates
- Playground equipment tops Lake Helen priority
- School administrators reorganize with one less
- Turning to the next page
- The Crossing gets special use permit
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Hotline brings sellers and buyers together