Bike riders here Tuesday
TOWN to host BRAN: More than 600 bicyclists are expected to pedal into town Tuesday when the city hosts the fourth night of the annual Bicycle Ride Across Nebraska. Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce director Anne Anderson urged residents to be aware of bicyclists as they enter and leave town, via Highway 30, and to use caution when driving. Riders will camp at the practice field west of the school football stadium. Several local organizations will sell food and snacks to riders and the public and evening show is scheduled at the Sun Theatre. Anderson also reminds residents to welcome riders and support people, noting that host towns can collect up to $20,000 on what riders and others spend on food, entertainment, lodging and more. Pictured is this year’s BRAN route across Nebraska.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action