Minister keynote speaker at Memorial Day service
The Rev. Jeff Cottingham is the keynote speaker at this year’s Memorial Day service.
Cottingham is the minister of the Trinity Lutheran Church.
The public is invited to the 10 a.m. event at the Gothenburg cemetery on Monday, May 27.
American Legion vice commander Jack Ostergard is master of ceremonies.
Chaplain Bill Hayward will give the invocation. Ostergard will lead those gathered in the pledge of allegiance.
Barry McDiarmid of Gothenburg will sing the national anthem.
Stan Johnson of the American Legion, Diane Harm of the American Legion Auxiliary, Steve Hecox of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and Donna McConnell of the VFW Auxiliary will place wreaths on the graves of veterans.
At the end of the service, the Gothenburg Honor Guard will fire a salute and play taps.
In case of rain, the program will be at the Senior Center.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics