Logan Koehler headed to Doane
Gothenburg senior Logan Koehler will trade his cardinal and white gear for Doane Tiger orange next year.
The 6-7 Koehler signed a letter of intent Friday to attend Doane College and play basketball for the Tigers.
Koehler’s size and potential drew the interest of Doane coach Jim Weeks, who secured the signature while he was in Gothenburg.
“When you get a kid 6-6, 6-7, 6-8 that really wants to work hard, those are guys that really are successful in our conference,” he said.
Weeks said he sees Koehler in the four spot on the basketball court. The former Swede will likely see jayvee action for the first couple of years as he develops.
“Hopefully by his junior year he can be a big addition and have some impact,” Weeks said. “That’s the plan.”
“If he really gets after it, maybe it can be before that.”
Koehler was a team leader for the Swedes for the past two seasons. He topped the 2012-13 team in nearly every category of scoring, rebounds, assists, block and steals.
He finished his career as the No. 8 all-time Swede scorer with 761 points.
- 35 years of caring for kids
- Melons start season with improved LED scoreboard
- Brady boys take 4x400 title, finish third at state
- Brady hosting Pistol Pat basketball camp
- USDA reminds farmers to certify conservation compliance by June 1
- Parent: ‘Being with’ children important
- Reeves leaves with two top performances
- Freedom always has a price