Boys capture four golds at Best of Midwest Meet
Gothenburg boys won four events April 30 at the Best of the Midwest track meet at Sutherland.
The Swedes scored 50 points to tie for third in the team standings. Cambridge was the meet champion with 74.
“We didn’t overdo it with people,” Swede coach Steve Reeves said. “We let them specialize in the events that they are best in. We had a lot of good outcomes.”
Tanner Borchardt was a double winner for Gothenburg placing first in the shot (52-9) and discus (144-3.5).
Blake Ristine won the 110-meter high hurdles with a time of 15.3 seconds.
“Blake ran his PR in the 110s and that was good to see,” Reeves said.
Preston Franzen captured the gold medal in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles with his time of :40.8.
“Preston bounced back from a frustrating performance at conference and really ran a nice intermediate flight,” the coach said.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship