Boys capture four golds at Best of Midwest Meet
Gothenburg boys won four events April 30 at the Best of the Midwest track meet at Sutherland.
The Swedes scored 50 points to tie for third in the team standings. Cambridge was the meet champion with 74.
“We didn’t overdo it with people,” Swede coach Steve Reeves said. “We let them specialize in the events that they are best in. We had a lot of good outcomes.”
Tanner Borchardt was a double winner for Gothenburg placing first in the shot (52-9) and discus (144-3.5).
Blake Ristine won the 110-meter high hurdles with a time of 15.3 seconds.
“Blake ran his PR in the 110s and that was good to see,” Reeves said.
Preston Franzen captured the gold medal in the 300-meter intermediate hurdles with his time of :40.8.
“Preston bounced back from a frustrating performance at conference and really ran a nice intermediate flight,” the coach said.
- Eastside offers cremation services
- Pinpoint outage affects landline customers
- Junior golf ends with championship tourney
- Swimmers end season with new league record at Plains tSunami championships
- Property owners urged to comply with nuisance rules
- Commissioners approve new fiber optics provider
- Black Hills Corp. to buy out SourceGas company
- AREA NEWS DIGEST