Speck, Messersmith lead Swedes at SWC
Three out of six Gothenburg golfers improved their scores on the second nine, but it wasn’t enough to move up in the standings of the Southwest Conference Meet played Friday at Cozad.
The meet was originally scheduled for Ogallala, but was moved because of snow.
The Swedes finished with a team scored of 375. Broken Bow, with three golfers among the top four medalists, took the team hardware with a 316.
Adam Speck improved 10 strokes on his second nine to finish with a 90. Patrick Messersmith had the best front nine score with a 48 and also came in with a 90.
Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow was the meet medalist with a 71.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair