Speck, Messersmith lead Swedes at SWC
Three out of six Gothenburg golfers improved their scores on the second nine, but it wasn’t enough to move up in the standings of the Southwest Conference Meet played Friday at Cozad.
The meet was originally scheduled for Ogallala, but was moved because of snow.
The Swedes finished with a team scored of 375. Broken Bow, with three golfers among the top four medalists, took the team hardware with a 316.
Adam Speck improved 10 strokes on his second nine to finish with a 90. Patrick Messersmith had the best front nine score with a 48 and also came in with a 90.
Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow was the meet medalist with a 71.
- Ehmen relative donates relics to local museum
- With help of Gothenburg teen, near-death experience ends OK
- Healthcare concerns
- Resident gets permit for taller fence
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Rural Nebraskans’ optimism up this year
- Runners taking it one step at a time
- Gothenburg hitters pound opposing pitchers at Lex Invite