Speck, Messersmith lead Swedes at SWC
Three out of six Gothenburg golfers improved their scores on the second nine, but it wasn’t enough to move up in the standings of the Southwest Conference Meet played Friday at Cozad.
The meet was originally scheduled for Ogallala, but was moved because of snow.
The Swedes finished with a team scored of 375. Broken Bow, with three golfers among the top four medalists, took the team hardware with a 316.
Adam Speck improved 10 strokes on his second nine to finish with a 90. Patrick Messersmith had the best front nine score with a 48 and also came in with a 90.
Tanner Johnson of Broken Bow was the meet medalist with a 71.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.