Tastes of chili
Competitors share creations: The public received an opportunity to sample all kinds of chili Friday night during a chili championship event where professional pit masters and amateurs offered their concoctions. Pictured is Lyle Franzen (left) getting a taste of Zeb Blauvelt’s recipe. Mark Boson (center) was also an entrant. Entrants numbered 21. Tonia Eggleston and Rogue Q Smokers of the Serengeti won first place in the people’s choice category and Brad Cary took top prize in the blind-test category where three judges were blindfolded testers. Other people’s choice winners were a tie for second between Hogz Brew (Cody Eggleston) and the Grillin Beavers and a third-place tie between Blauvelt and Cary. Ryan Healey and Tattoo Bob’s tied for second in blind tasting and Boson was third.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.