Swedes can’t find their stroke at Gothenburg Invite
Swede golfers were not at their best Friday at the Gothenburg Invitational golf meet played at Wild Horse Golf Club.
Thirteen teams competed in the tournament with Scottsbluff taking the top prize with the low team score of 312. McCook was the runner-up with 317.
Gothenburg placed 13th with a team score of 423.
Adam Speck birdied his first hole and went on to lead the Swedes with an 86.
Adam had a good first round and ran into some trouble on the back nine, Gothenburg golf coach Don Graham said.
The meet medalist was Kade Brown of Decatur Community High School at Oberlin, KS. He overcame the cool, windy conditions to fire a 72.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly