A SMOKIN’ GOOD TIME
Organizers, participants declare Saturday’s BBQ event a success.Thoughtful tasting: Judges, certified by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, filled the pavilion at Lafayette Saturday, from noon to 2 p.m., to judge chicken, pork, brisket and ribs during the city’s first Pony Express BBQ Challenge at the park.
Entries were judged on appearance, taste and tenderness.
- District 20 unveils new traffic pattern
- Gothenburg team takes 2nd at SGA in Lincoln
- In 13 years, Dawson County yet to issue first AMBER Alert
- Food Safety Law good for consumers, if it were funded
- Melons hang tough, fall short
- Classes will come together during all-school reunion
- Council declares husky vicious dog
- Nebraska ag land values down 2%