A SMOKIN’ GOOD TIME
Organizers, participants declare Saturday’s BBQ event a success.Thoughtful tasting: Judges, certified by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, filled the pavilion at Lafayette Saturday, from noon to 2 p.m., to judge chicken, pork, brisket and ribs during the city’s first Pony Express BBQ Challenge at the park.
Entries were judged on appearance, taste and tenderness.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar