Costello wins integrity scholarship from BBB
Madison Costello has been named 2013 Scott Mecham BBB Student of Integrity for metro Lincoln and greater Nebraska area.
Costello will receive a $2,000 scholarship to attend the University of Nebraska in Lincoln where she plans to major in speech pathology and become endorsed in sign language so she can eventually become an administrator and educational leader.
BBB Student of Integrity Awards are presented annually to eight senior high school students for demonstrated ethical behavior and character: two from metro Lincoln/greater Nebraska, two from South Dakota, two from metro Omaha/southwest Iowa and two from the Kansas Plains—the geographic area served by the BBB.
“Unlike many other scholarships, grades, financial need and ethnicity are not major factors in selecting a ‘Student of Integrity,’” said BBB president and CEO Jim Hegarty. “Their purpose is to award personal integrity and to nurture future ethical business leaders. Madison won this prestigious award because of her commitment to honesty and accountability inside and outside of the classroom.”
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action