City seeks housing rehab applicants
Homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office if they want to participate in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Documents must be completed by May 1.
West Central Nebraska Development District officials said homes selected must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and elimination of lead-based paint.
Officials want to fund homes with a maximum $25,000 rehabilitation cost limit that will be available to income eligible homeowners.
Those interested are asked to complete a document at Gothenburg City Hall.
The interest sheets will determine what amount of funding the city will apply for but doesn’t guarantee funding from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development or to the homeowner.
WCNDD is assisting the city with the project which is funded through NDED.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500