City seeks housing rehab applicants
Homeowners still have time to complete an interest sheet at the city office if they want to participate in an owner-occupied housing rehabilitation program.
Documents must be completed by May 1.
West Central Nebraska Development District officials said homes selected must be brought up to a set of quality standards which can include roofs, windows, foundations, siding, HVAC, handicap accessibility and elimination of lead-based paint.
Officials want to fund homes with a maximum $25,000 rehabilitation cost limit that will be available to income eligible homeowners.
Those interested are asked to complete a document at Gothenburg City Hall.
The interest sheets will determine what amount of funding the city will apply for but doesn’t guarantee funding from the Nebraska Department of Economic Development or to the homeowner.
WCNDD is assisting the city with the project which is funded through NDED.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action