Quiz Bowl practice: Gothenburg High School’s Academic Quiz Bowl team has been practicing since January. Team adviser Lori Long said anyone can join. Team members generally need quirky knowledge that they can pull from their brains quickly on a variety of subjects. In March, the team competed at the Educational Service Unit 10 Academic Quiz Bowl at the University of Nebraska where members tied for fifth place. The Swedes also hosted a quadrangular with Lexington, Cozad and Broken Bow and finished second. The team will participate in Southwest Conference Academic Quiz Bowl Friday in Broken Bow, an event that has been postponed twice because of wintry weather. A successful team needs all kinds of “smarts” from all academic areas, she said. Pictured are, l-r: Jon Rehmert, Rachel Rice, Roman Schmidt, Marcus Fritton, Stuart Moore, Kylee Beyea and Jessica Schmidt. Not pictured: Preston Franzen and Trenton Long.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins