Golfers don’t warm up to the cold
Gothenburg struggled during extremely cold weather conditions at the Lexington Invitational played April 15 at the Lakeside Country Club.
Temperatures hovered just under 30 degrees when golfers teed off.
“When it was over it was 37 degrees and not too nice at all,” Swede coach Don Graham said. “The kids that I talked to, most of them said they couldn’t feel their hands. It was just a miserable day.”
Gothenburg placed eighth among the eight teams competing. McCook posted the best team score of 312. Cameron Bargell of North Platte took meet medalist honors with a 72.
Improved conditions are promised by the weather forecast as the Swedes will host the Gothenburg Invitational Thursday.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant