Goodwill trailer plans stop in Gothenburg
Goodwill Industries of Greater Nebraska is planning its next donation drive in Gothenburg, which will be Friday, April 26, from 12 noon to dark and Saturday through Sunday from 8 a.m. to dark or before when trailer is full. The trailer will be parked at the city swimming pool.
Donations of clothing and household items that are in good condition and saleable (what you would want to buy) can be placed inside the trailer. However, because of limited storage space Goodwill cannot accept furniture or large appliances. Tax donation slips will be available at the trailer.
Goodwill is now accepting personal computers and computer accessories.
“Our last drive was a great success and the generosity of the citizens of Gothenburg and the surrounding area is very much appreciated,” Karrie Custard, director of operations, said.
Revenue earned through the sale of donations at Goodwill retail stores help support programs for persons who have developmental disabilities or a long-term mental illness. Goodwill’s mission is to assist these individuals in achieving independence in the community, including providing job training and job placement.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State