Time to tow
Intersection accident: A collision at the intersection of Lake Avenue and Highway 30 that sent a Cozad woman to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital was no April Fool’s joke on Monday. Police chief Randy Olson said 41-year-old Andrea Petersen was taken by ambulance to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital for non life-threatening injuries. Petersen was a passenger in a 1998 Lincoln Town Car driven by her daughter, Kaitlyn Ver Ellen, 16, of Cozad. The vehicle is registered to Petersen. Olson said the accident happened at 11 a.m. when a 2009 Chevy Silverado, driven by 63-year-old Jerry Hudson of Gothenburg, was southbound on Lake Avenue. Ver Ellen was driving east on Highway 30. Olson said Hudson said he was stopped at the stop sign and then proceeded into the intersection, stating that he didn’t see the eastbound vehicle. Damage to the Silverado was estimated at $3,000 and $5,000 to the Town Car. Pictured is Jim Beenblossom of Top Notch Towing (right) towing the Town Car.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship