Golfers take step forward at home
Members of the Swede golf team learned they still have a lot of work to do, even on their home course.
Gothenburg lost in dual action to Lexington on Thursday at Wild Horse Golf Club 181-196.“We’ve improved,” said coach Don Graham. “We didn’t even come close to breaking 200 in nine holes at the first meet in North Platte so we’re gaining. We all know we’ve got a ways to go, though.”
Lexington’s Tyson Block shot 36 on the front nine to finish as the individual winner.
Gothenburg’s best score of 44 came from juniors Adam Speck and Nathan Graham.
“They both made great improvements from the previous week,” the coach said. “And I know the couple of guys who shot 54 both thought they could do better. We just need to keep shaving off strokes.”
The Swedes will host North Platte St. Pat’s in dual action again on Thursday with a full invite at Lexington on Tuesday.
Tee time at home Thursday is 3 p.m.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship