Wightman earns nod as 11th District judge
Gov. Heineman Names Jeffrey Wightman to County Court 11th Judicial District
Gov. Dave Heineman announced his appointment of Jeffrey M. Wightman of Lexington to the County Court, 11th Judicial District.
Wightman, 44, is currently a partner at Wightman and Wightman in Lexington where he handles civil, criminal and juvenile cases. Previously, Wightman was an attorney and partner at Cook, Wightman and Doyle in Lexington. He has nearly two decades of legal experience.
Wightman serves on the Lexington Board of Education. He is on the board of trustees for the Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation and is a member and past president of the Lexington Community Development Agency. He previously served on the board of directors for the United Way of Lexington, as well as the annual fund-raising committee for the Lexington Boy Scouts.
Wightman was an executive editor of the Nebraska Law Review, and he was a Nebraska Bar Foundation Fellow. He has a bachelor’s degree from Nebraska Wesleyan University and juris doctor from the University of Nebraska College of Law.
The 11th Judicial District consists of Arthur, Chase, Dawson, Dundy, Frontier, Furnas, Gosper, Hayes, Hitchcock, Hooker, Keith, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Perkins, Red Willow and Thomas Counties.
The vacancy is due to the retirement of Judge Carlton E. Clark.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.