Young and old bowlers unite
Sayers earn scholarship dollars
The youngest bowler in the 2012 International Family Tournament last summer traveled all the way from Nebraska to Florida to team up with the oldest representative.
The pair, Madison Sayer of Cozad and George Sayer of Lexington qualified for the IFT tournament through the Lakeside Fun Center in Gothenburg last spring.
The Sayer duo took first in their division in Nebraska and qualified for the national tournament in Jupiter, FL, in July.
The pair bowled a dutch game and finished sixth of 32 teams in the division.
Madison earned $400 in scholarship money from the Nebraska win and $1,500 in Florida and she hopes to make a trip to the 2013 IFT with her grandpa again this summer, this time in Ohio.
While at the tournament in Florida, the Sayers got to meet professional bowlers Norm Duke and Stephanie Nation.
The pros were impressed because Madison was the youngest bowler in the tournament at 5 years old and her partner and grandfather George was the oldest at 76.
The Sayers said it was an experience neither will ever forget.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.