Attention pet owners
I walk with our dog in Ehmen Park and around Lake Helen almost daily. A pet peeve of mine (pardon the pun) has grown exponentially in the past few years. My pet peeve is the dog waste left on sidewalks, along sidewalks and in the grass of our park areas. We have a great walking path around the lake that has been less than desirable because of the goose waste. Now that the lake’s rehabilitation has begun, I have high hopes this annoyance will disappear. However, dog waste is even more of a problem and seems to be piling up at an alarming rate. I might miss Bentley’s mess once in a while, but I seldom finish a walk without using a litter bag. Please, pet owners, take responsibility for your pets, respect our parks and keep them clean for other users.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.