GHS one act fifth at districts
The Swedes took their one-act play to Sidney and finished fifth Saturday in B-6.
Co-director Lori Long said students needed to finish first or second to qualify for state competition.
“Our team performed ‘lights out’ amazing on Saturday but the judges were not as receptive,” Long said.
Alliance won the competition and Chadron was runner-up.
“We tied with Ogallala for fourth in rank but had three fewer points than they did so we got fifth,” she said.
Judges’ results were split, Long said, which meant they had varying perspectives on the performance.
However outstanding performers were agreed upon.
Qualifying for those honors were Patrick Reeves, Alex Schultz, Jeramie VanAcker, Christopher Block, Elizabeth Graham and Zac Franzen.
Long said she and co-director Erin Feather were proud of the students and their efforts in performing Epic Proportions. of
“We look forward to next year,” she said.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates