Haven for hot spots
FIRE FIGHTER ON THE JOB: Gothenburg Volunteer fireman Travis Miller checks for flare ups underneath a mobile home in Lakefront Trailer Court after it caught on fire last Friday and was extinguished by fire fighters. Fire chief Mark Ballmer said the fire started about 11 a.m. while owner Chuck Eggleston was trying to thaw water service with a propane torch that caught the bottom of the structure on fire. Ballmer said they were on the scene for about 1 1/2 hours and had difficulty getting to the fire which was under insulation. Heavy smoke and water also damaged a utility area and inside of the home which Ballmer said will cost several thousand dollars. He added that two cats inside the trailer were rescued and were okay.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.