More FFA’ers qualify for state
Another round of District Career Development events at Mid-Plains Community College means more local FFA’ers have qualified for state.
After the second of two events on Feb. 27 (the first was Feb. 13), Gothenburg FFA’ers learned that the meats and veterinary science teams, which both finished first, will advance to state competition which is April 3-5 in Lincoln.
Members of the meats team are Amanda Larson, who finished second individually, Herschel Foster, Kristen Bartlett and Amanda Kowalewski.
The veterinary science team consists of Morgan Kowalewski, who finished second individually, Jessica Schmidt, who was third, and Tanner Borchardt, Jacob Clark and Blaire Gibbens.
The floriculture team, made up of Madison Costello, Kaylee Beyea, Courtney Brown and Kylee Beya finished fourth as did the livestock management team.
Members of the livestock management team are Jordan Lauer, Amanda Kowalewski, McKinley Harm, Ashley Eskew, Morgan Kowalewski, Jessica Schmidt, Pete Peterson, Abbie Mazour and Kristen Bartlett.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar