Quadhamer takes first in poetry at SHC meet
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned a gold medal in the poetry competition at the Sandhills Conference speech meet at Arthur on May 5.
Quadhamer’s poetry topic includes selections about the bond between a mother and a daughter.
She also placed third with her serious prose cutting titled, “Intimate Terrorism,” a non-fiction account of domestic abuse.
Junior Donnie Trisdale placed at the SHC meet as well, finishing fourth in entertainment speaking with his presentation about puppets.
Other Brady competitors at the conference meet included Mike Adams in humorous prose, Dayne Porter in serious prose and Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott in duet acting.
The district meet for Eagle speakers was at Eustus-Farnam on Tuesday. Results will be available in next week’s edition of The Times.
- Sponsors rededicate Thirty Mile Irrigation Canal
- Volleyball squad seeks state trip despite a difficult district draw
- Valuation climbs in county, locally during 2014
- Superhero heart participants
- Event about food and fun
- McCain hearing Friday continued
- Lexington winery awarded USDA grant
- Swede football steps into C-1 spotlight