Quadhamer takes first in poetry at SHC meet
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned a gold medal in the poetry competition at the Sandhills Conference speech meet at Arthur on May 5.
Quadhamer’s poetry topic includes selections about the bond between a mother and a daughter.
She also placed third with her serious prose cutting titled, “Intimate Terrorism,” a non-fiction account of domestic abuse.
Junior Donnie Trisdale placed at the SHC meet as well, finishing fourth in entertainment speaking with his presentation about puppets.
Other Brady competitors at the conference meet included Mike Adams in humorous prose, Dayne Porter in serious prose and Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott in duet acting.
The district meet for Eagle speakers was at Eustus-Farnam on Tuesday. Results will be available in next week’s edition of The Times.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics