Quadhamer takes first in poetry at SHC meet
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer earned a gold medal in the poetry competition at the Sandhills Conference speech meet at Arthur on May 5.
Quadhamer’s poetry topic includes selections about the bond between a mother and a daughter.
She also placed third with her serious prose cutting titled, “Intimate Terrorism,” a non-fiction account of domestic abuse.
Junior Donnie Trisdale placed at the SHC meet as well, finishing fourth in entertainment speaking with his presentation about puppets.
Other Brady competitors at the conference meet included Mike Adams in humorous prose, Dayne Porter in serious prose and Lexi Franzen and Madison Elliott in duet acting.
The district meet for Eagle speakers was at Eustus-Farnam on Tuesday. Results will be available in next week’s edition of The Times.
- Swim team compete at league championship
- Mentoring said to stay with kids all their lives
- Gothenburg man dies in single-car accident
- History preserved
- Sewer improvements
- Brady Days ‘brand wagon’ offers something for everyone
- Ag leaders unite to address property taxes, other issues
- Monday morning accident