TeamMates gather for banquet
Eighty adults and students attended the winter banquet of the local TeamMates organization on Feb. 27 at the Monsanto Learning Center.
Program coordinator Lindsey Tederman said Gothenburg has 46 matches, which means 46 adults volunteer and 48 students have a mentor in fifth through 12th grade.
A goal of TeamMates, Tederman said, is for a mentor to stay with a student through high school graduation and see them on to post-secondary school.
Tederman said 19 of the 37 students in the program this year improved their grade point average from last semester to this semester.
This is the 11th year for the TeamMates program in Gothenburg.
Tederman will step down to pursue a new business endeavor and Amanda Rossell will take over the program in June. Rossell has been on the TeamMates board for nine months.
- Hahn’s 1600 is top effort at Bow Invite
- Longevity in American Legion
- The Times judged best in class again
- Two more teachers hired for District 20
- Personal property deadline draws near
- Response to fiber optic surveys ‘overwhelming’
- Indians clip Swedes in dual at Wild Horse
- Delegates selected for Girls, Boys State