Thanks to American farmers
As we enter the holiday season, millions of families across the country will gather around the table and celebrate what they are thankful for as they share a meal together.
As they enjoy a serving of turkey, some vegetables and even a slice of pie, I hope they consider who made that meal possible: the American farmer.
The American farmer is who we can thank today for the safe, abundant and nutritious food supply we enjoy here in the United States and elsewhere in the world. And it will be the American farmer that we will ask to deliver more food, feed, fuel and fiber tomorrow to meet the demands of the projected 9 billion people that will call earth home by 2050.
So as we gather together in the coming days and weeks with friends and family, I hope people across our community take time to thank a farmer for what they provided us today and what we’ll ask them to provide tomorrow.
In fact, if people are interested, they can take some time and log on to www.AmericasFarmers.com to post a message of thanks.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action