Lattes in the library
Fund-raising treat: Gothenburg junior and senior high school students could buy iced lattes last Thursday as part of “Read a Latte” in the high school library. The event raises money to buy materials for library activities such as furnishings and books which are outside the library’s annual budget. The event grossed more than $450 which librarian Lori Long said will be used to buy e-books and audio books that students can check out on a computer or mobile device. Long, who usually has the event during National Library Week in April, said 25 gallons of latte were sold in four hours. Pictured are juniors Trenton Long and Taylor Mroczek.
- New Methodist pastor takes long road to town
- Time for Farmer’s Market
- Quiz of the day…Will next year’s insurance rates go up or down?
- Bryce Larson competes at new weight class in Maine
- Juniors take aim at club championship
- Climate regs matter to you
- Dawson County shows best, worst of water level changes in NRD
- Prep for fiber begins