Quadhamer earns medal for Eagles
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer was the only member of the Eagle speech team to earn a medal during the Gothenburg Invite on Saturday.
Quadhamer placed sixth in serious prose.
“Our students came away with more passion to practice and get better,” said Brady coach Brian Fleming. “All of the students improved their scores throughout the day.”
First-time competitors Dayne Porter and Bailey Maddox, both freshmen, were pleased with their performances despite their nervousness, Fleming said.
Junior Donnie Trisdale, an experienced speech team member who performed for the first time this year at Gothenburg, received constructive comments on his judging sheets, Fleming said.
Other Brady students entered in the Gothenburg meet were Lexi Franzen, Madison Elliott and Brandon Montgomery.
The Eagles are scheduled to compete at North Platte on Saturday.
- New paint job
- City sales tax to fund $1.4 million of RDA project
- Swedes grind out 40-21 win over Valentine
- Food Backpack Program added to list of agencies that get United Fund support
- Swedes scramble to split triangular
- Gothenburg tax levy ranks fifth in county
- Brady village budget passes; trustees may make change in lift station involved in lagoon project
- Brady runs over Broncos in blowout