Quadhamer earns medal for Eagles
Brady senior Sierra Quadhamer was the only member of the Eagle speech team to earn a medal during the Gothenburg Invite on Saturday.
Quadhamer placed sixth in serious prose.
“Our students came away with more passion to practice and get better,” said Brady coach Brian Fleming. “All of the students improved their scores throughout the day.”
First-time competitors Dayne Porter and Bailey Maddox, both freshmen, were pleased with their performances despite their nervousness, Fleming said.
Junior Donnie Trisdale, an experienced speech team member who performed for the first time this year at Gothenburg, received constructive comments on his judging sheets, Fleming said.
Other Brady students entered in the Gothenburg meet were Lexi Franzen, Madison Elliott and Brandon Montgomery.
The Eagles are scheduled to compete at North Platte on Saturday.
- Walk to end Alzheimer’s DAWSON COUNTY EVENT
- Experts don’t recommend getting into a lightning crouch
- Finken shakes off the rust, returns to education
- ‘Raising Nebraska’ exhibit highlights food and families who grow it
- Hazardous waste collection planned
- Herd rebuilding tips to be offered at State of Beef Conference
- Bronze Star for outstanding service in Afghanistan
- Raising the bar