Cozad wins wrestling dual 50-30
COZAD—Two Gothenburg wrestlers pinned their Cozad mat opponents in dual action on the road Jan. 15, not enough to outlast the Haymakers’ strength.
Cozad won the dual 50-30.
“We lost a couple of matches I really thought we could win,” said Gothenburg coach Tom Scott.
Senior Preston Franzen pinned Cozad’s Nathan Lemmer in 52 seconds at 160 pounds and junior Skyler Kottwitz pinned Saige Valenzuela in 1:22 at 170 pounds.
Scott said although he didn’t win, junior Tyson Miller may have had the highlight match of the night.
Cozad’s Alex Boryca is rated No. 1 in Class B at 195 pounds by the Nebraska Scholastic Wrestling Coaches Association.
“Tyson wrestled really well,” Scott said. “There are times when our kids are over-matched and Tyson didn’t back down at all. That’s what I want from all of the kids all of the time.”
Unopposed winners were Hayden Hubbard, 106; Tyler Alvarez, 113; and Dade Brock, 145.
- Obamacare policyholders question rising deductibles
- North Plains farm labor report shows wages up 3%
- New sand table for Dudley Elementary
- Rebecca Anderson earns world title in showmanship
- Four Swedes earn conference honors
- Chance to be Santa pen pal
- Swedes honored as all-district players
- Prescribed burn schools set for 3 area communities