Taking flag, pole is disrespectful
As we prepared for our annual Veteran’s Day banquet, we noticed the absence of our new flag and pole. This disturbs my family greatly, that someone would actually walk up on our porch in the afternoon and steal the flag right off of the house.
We try very hard to keep the flags we fly in good repair and to replace them as soon as they get faded. It is lit up at night with a dedicated spotlight as per the United States flag code. Our main reason for flying the flag is not decoration, but respect for the men and women who have served and are currently serving this country.
If you know the whereabouts of our flag and pole, please see that we get it back—no questions asked.
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.
- Gothenburg Youth Trap Club taking aim at state
- Eagles perform well in tough meet
- GHS Sports Schedule 2013-14
- Calf branding tips keeping BQA in mind
- FFA banquet celebration of accomplishments