Taking flag, pole is disrespectful
As we prepared for our annual Veteran’s Day banquet, we noticed the absence of our new flag and pole. This disturbs my family greatly, that someone would actually walk up on our porch in the afternoon and steal the flag right off of the house.
We try very hard to keep the flags we fly in good repair and to replace them as soon as they get faded. It is lit up at night with a dedicated spotlight as per the United States flag code. Our main reason for flying the flag is not decoration, but respect for the men and women who have served and are currently serving this country.
If you know the whereabouts of our flag and pole, please see that we get it back—no questions asked.
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair
- Learning to adapt to change
- City Council sets tax request and levy for 2016-17
- Cornhusking contest returns to Harvest Festival after 17 year absence
- Summer evening bike ride goes wrong
- New hospital safety ratings now available to the public
- Mentees, others share value of TeamMates