Swedes get third place in local one-act competition
Swede one-act performers placed third out of eight teams at the one-act invitational they hosted on Nov. 17.
Zac Franzen was named best actor by the judges and noted performers were Chris Block, Liz Graham and Brennan Costello.
Lexington placed first with “Alice in Wonderland” followed by Loup City. Gothenburg performed “Epic Proportions.”
Other schools competing were Eustis-Farnam, Sutherland, McCook, Hershey and Cody-Kilgore.
Leah Keller of Eustis-Farnam was named best supporting actress in “Next Actor, Please!” Others noted in that cast included Adam Keller, Ashley Pleschourt, Devin Koch and Bryant Keller.
Lori Long, co-director of Gothenburg’s one-act cast, said the invitational was a great day and that school officials hope to make it an annual event.
The Swedes took their production to Southwest Conference competition Monday in Ogallala.
Community members can see “Epic Productions” during a public performance Monday, Nov. 30, at 7:30 in the high school performing arts center.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly