Swedes get third place in local one-act competition
Swede one-act performers placed third out of eight teams at the one-act invitational they hosted on Nov. 17.
Zac Franzen was named best actor by the judges and noted performers were Chris Block, Liz Graham and Brennan Costello.
Lexington placed first with “Alice in Wonderland” followed by Loup City. Gothenburg performed “Epic Proportions.”
Other schools competing were Eustis-Farnam, Sutherland, McCook, Hershey and Cody-Kilgore.
Leah Keller of Eustis-Farnam was named best supporting actress in “Next Actor, Please!” Others noted in that cast included Adam Keller, Ashley Pleschourt, Devin Koch and Bryant Keller.
Lori Long, co-director of Gothenburg’s one-act cast, said the invitational was a great day and that school officials hope to make it an annual event.
The Swedes took their production to Southwest Conference competition Monday in Ogallala.
Community members can see “Epic Productions” during a public performance Monday, Nov. 30, at 7:30 in the high school performing arts center.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action