Swedes get third place in local one-act competition
Swede one-act performers placed third out of eight teams at the one-act invitational they hosted on Nov. 17.
Zac Franzen was named best actor by the judges and noted performers were Chris Block, Liz Graham and Brennan Costello.
Lexington placed first with “Alice in Wonderland” followed by Loup City. Gothenburg performed “Epic Proportions.”
Other schools competing were Eustis-Farnam, Sutherland, McCook, Hershey and Cody-Kilgore.
Leah Keller of Eustis-Farnam was named best supporting actress in “Next Actor, Please!” Others noted in that cast included Adam Keller, Ashley Pleschourt, Devin Koch and Bryant Keller.
Lori Long, co-director of Gothenburg’s one-act cast, said the invitational was a great day and that school officials hope to make it an annual event.
The Swedes took their production to Southwest Conference competition Monday in Ogallala.
Community members can see “Epic Productions” during a public performance Monday, Nov. 30, at 7:30 in the high school performing arts center.
- Gothenburg 8th graders blast McCook
- Gothenburg plays a feisty brand of basketball at North Platte Jamboree
- Brady volleyball players named to MNAC All-Conference team
- Nebraska Cattlemen host 2016 annual convention
- Chamber hosts Magic on Main Street next week
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Gothenburg youth prepare to serve our country
- Local sisters share more than genetics