A word or two for you
ROTARY GIFT: Dudley Elementary third graders examine the dictionaries they received Monday from the Gothenburg Rotary Club. This is the sixth year that Rotary has donated the dictionaries to all students in the third grade. The books include: a comprehensive dictionary, biographies of the U.S. presidents, the Declaration of Independence, the United States Constitution, facts about the planets in the solar system, maps of the seven continents, information about the 50 states, weights and measures in addition to the longest word in the English language. That word, by the way, has 1,909 letters and is a term for an amino acid that has 267 amino acids. Rotarians handing out the books in Cindy Fickenscher’s class were Tim Greenlee and Joan Windrum. Students pictured include, l-r: Patrick Moore, Helene Keiser, Destiney Wilkerson, Crayton Ryker, Sean Graff and JJ Smith.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action