Football players earn D2-9 honors
Seven Brady football players have received post-season recognition from coaches of the five teams in the D2-9 football district.
Three Eagles were honored on both offense and defense.
Seniors Zach Mann and Matt Litzenberger as well as Dalton Simants were recognized on both sides of the ball.
Mann received first-team honors for offense as an all-around athlete and earned second-team defensive honors as a linebacker.
Litzenberger earned second-team honors as offensive and defensive lineman.
Simants is a first-team defensive lineman and a second-team offensive lineman.
In addition, senior Michael Neiman earned second-team recognition as a running back. He is the only Eagle to repeat on the all-district team, having been named to the second-team defense as a junior.
Senior Cole Viter was named to the second-team defense as a linebacker.
Troy Lusk, one of only three sophomores on the list, earned second-team offense as a tightend.
The Eagles finished the season 3-5.
- Town of Union lives on through Anderson’s book
- Holiday activities abound in downtown Gothenburg
- Hershey’s slower pace stalls Swedes
- Borchardt, Swedes too big for Lex
- Minutemaids feast on Swedes’ miscues
- Brady schools have perfect graduation rate for 2014 class
- Lady Eagles figuring out how to fly together
- Reeves repeats as LJS Super Stater