Donors sought for Gothenburg Shares fund
The Gothenburg Shares fund is underway again seeking donations to help pay for the Christmas Food Baskets Program in Gothenburg.
Due to increased costs and the number of families served, this year’s goal has been raised to $4,000. Last year, over 80 families were served by the program.
The food baskets provide the ingredients for a nutritious holiday meal to families and individuals in need.
The delivery day for the food baskets is Saturday, Dec. 19. The Gothenburg Rotary Club sponsors the program with help from YCIP and other individuals.
Donations can be brought or sent to: Gothenburg Times, 406 10th St., P.O. Box 385, Gothenburg, NE 69138.
If donors would like their name listed in The Times, they should fill out a form that appears elsewhere in this issue. Deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 18.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair