Harpist performs: Michelle Duffy, a student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, played a harp for Gothenburg students, K-12, Thursday in the performing arts center. Duffy performed and educated students about the harp, giving them the opportunity to be exposed to an instrument they are not likely to see often, said music teacher Ernie Blecha, who invited Duffy to play at the school. Blecha said students learned much about the mechanics of the instrument, how much a harp costs and the amount of practice it takes to learn to play it. “For the younger kids, it was also a great opportunity to practice being a good audience and learning to listen and appreciate music,” said Blecha said.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action