Harpist performs: Michelle Duffy, a student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, played a harp for Gothenburg students, K-12, Thursday in the performing arts center. Duffy performed and educated students about the harp, giving them the opportunity to be exposed to an instrument they are not likely to see often, said music teacher Ernie Blecha, who invited Duffy to play at the school. Blecha said students learned much about the mechanics of the instrument, how much a harp costs and the amount of practice it takes to learn to play it. “For the younger kids, it was also a great opportunity to practice being a good audience and learning to listen and appreciate music,” said Blecha said.
- ‘The Big, Bad Musical’ comes to Brady stage
- Swedes edge Ogallala by one
- Backyard BBQ new event at contest
- Term limits, health issues bring about Sen. Wightman’s last legislative session
- Ehmen Park awarded state designation
- Hefty city purchase will pay off over time
- Two new employees join GSB
- Swede boys place fourth at Dutch Zorn Invite.