Harpist performs: Michelle Duffy, a student at the University of Nebraska at Kearney, played a harp for Gothenburg students, K-12, Thursday in the performing arts center. Duffy performed and educated students about the harp, giving them the opportunity to be exposed to an instrument they are not likely to see often, said music teacher Ernie Blecha, who invited Duffy to play at the school. Blecha said students learned much about the mechanics of the instrument, how much a harp costs and the amount of practice it takes to learn to play it. “For the younger kids, it was also a great opportunity to practice being a good audience and learning to listen and appreciate music,” said Blecha said.
- SERVICE IN JEOPARDY
- Winning team repeats in scramble
- Study shares ways to grow housing
- Peddlers in the park
- Lifeguards host annual swim carnival
- Trinity Lutheran construction to begin Construction.
- Commissioners discuss late bill privately, approve lake trail addition
- Brady school student numbers grow slightly