Deadline for PRF insurance approaches
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture is reminding producers the deadline for participating in the federal Pasture Rangeland Forage (PRF) Insurance program for 2013 is Nov. 15.
This program is a risk management product of the federal United States Department of Agriculture’s Risk Management Agency.
“With uncertainty about drought conditions next season, we want producers to be aware of the various risk management tools that are available,” Nebraska Agriculture Director Greg Ibach said. “While Pasture Rangeland Forage Insurance may not be a good fit for all operations, it is important that farmers and ranchers educate themselves about it, so they can make informed decisions.
“Pasture Rangeland Forage Insurance is a relatively new program that wasn’t available during our last widespread drought,” Ibach said.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension has published educational information on the program, including the creation of a short webinar. It can be accessed through the UNL Beef website at http://beef.unl.edu/web/cattleproduction/prfinsurance.
Also producers can visit the USDA RMA Pasture, to this Rangeland, Forage page at http://www.rma.usda.gov/poli
cies/pasturerangeforage/. This page includes a link to a decision support tool.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action