Sanctuary full of quilts
Quilt campaign: For many years, the American Lutheran Church World Release Quilt-Tying Group has met twice monthly to create quilts that are sent to people in need around the world. This year, the group put together 150 quilts and arranged them in the sanctuary. The quilts were blessed during services Sunday and will be boxed and shipped to a distribution point in Minnesota this week. Church youths, who are seniors, get to pick out a quilt of their choice before they’re sent, according to Diane Harm (pictured) who coordinates the quilt project. Lutheran women will also send 50 layettes they made and or/donated. Health kits will also be included in the boxes.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action