Once a Nebraskan, always…
It never fails to amaze me, the people who say that Bob Kerrey is not a Nebraskan because he went to New York and served as a college president.
Many people from Nebraska have left for a no more honorable reason and never came back to Nebraska, but we claim them as Nebraskans, such as Robert Taylor, Clayton Yeutter, Henry Fonda, Willa Cather, Marlon Brando, Mari Sandoz, Fred Astaire, Johnny Carson and many others.
None of these were awarded the congressional medal of honor or gave part of their physical self for their country, or served as a very popular governor or popular senator who worked across the aisle.
Neither did Bob Kerrey attempt to take something that did not belong to him, by adverse possession.
- Swedes’ swinging keeps students singing
- She’s grand marshal of festival
- Park playground equipment in the works
- Eagles open with loss
- Swedes run in two meets, race once
- McCook defense upends Gothenburg softball squad
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Livestock producers urged to enroll for disaster assistance by Sept. 30