Trisdale a candidate for state FCCLA office
Brady junior Donnie Trisdale has advanced through the first round of competition as a state office candidate following the District 10 meeting of the Family, Career and Community Leaders of America in North Platte on Oct. 24.
Trisdale, the 2012-13 district president and Brady FCCLA member will compete for a position on the state officer team during the statewide leadership conference in Lincoln in April.
Emily Masten of Thedford is also a state candidate from District 10.
The district meeting included six schools: Brady, Cozad, Maxwell, Mullen, North Platte and Thedford.
This year’s project for the FCCLA district is to support the Special Olympics and a session about the organization was presented to members.
Other sessions included boot camp, quiz bowl, peer education and FCCLA fun.
Members also heard University of Nebraska at Kearney trainer Ray Stutz speak on the professionalism of young leaders.
He encouraged FCCLA members to treat people well, to put others first and to protect personal reputations because they can also affect professional reputations.
The district raised $161 with their auction of buckets of goodies provided by each school chapter.
The district will be together again on Jan. 16 in Cozad for the annual STAR competition.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair