FESTIVITIES: Fierce winds during Gothenburg High School homecoming activities drove Thursday night’s crowning ceremony into the gym instead of on the football field and put the kabosh on float decorating earlier in the day.
Seniors Logan Sheets and Kenzi Hiebner were chosen as king and queen (right). The homecoming parade went on as usual, without decorated floats, and school spirit was still evident as shown by these seventh graders (left). Toy light sabers were in full force because of the “Star Wars” movie theme chosen for the week.
- Luncheon Carolers
- Eagles grounded
- Brady bounces Paxton, Twin Loup
- Brady school board working through superintendent search
- Generous donations push Shares fund closer to the top
- Reeves named to OWH All-Nebraska first team
- County board agrees to remodeling bids
- Swede girls get confidence and a win at Grant