Brady man faces multiple charges
A 31-year-old Brady man is charged with terroristic threats, use of a firearm to commit a felony and third-degree assault domestic violence following an incident northwest of Gothenburg Sunday night.
Lincoln County sheriff Jerome Kramer said deputies were called to the rural residence at 9:20 p.m. following a report of a domestic disturbance.
When they arrived, Kramer said Jessy Ellison was said to be intoxicated and that he had assaulted and threatened his girlfriend with a gun.
“It was reported that Ellison had fired weapons and fled the residence,” Kramer said.
Upon their arrival, Kramer said deputies met with the victim who said Ellison had physically assaulted her.
“She also advised Ellison had pointed firearms at her and shot them into the air,” he said.
The victim attempted to call 911 but Kramer said it was reported that Ellison broke her phone.
Eventually, he said the victim’s daughter called for assistance.
Ellison was discovered hiding in a field north of the residence and was convinced by telephone to turn himself in which he did, Kramer said.
Deputies located a pistol and two rifles in Ellison’s possession, the sheriff said.
Ellison was taken to the Lincoln County Detention Center and jailed for terroristic threats, use of a firearm to commit a felony and third-degree assault domestic violence.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair