The simulators were set up in the swimming pool parking lot where physical education students on Monday and Tuesday learned about safety and participated in simulations. Oct. 14-20 is Teen Drivers Safety Week and homecoming week at Gothenburg High School. Monsanto employees Nancy Slack and Jessi Corinek led the safety talks. Right, Dakota Huntington tries out the seat belt convincer which simulates the impact of a car hitting an object at eight miles an hour.Left, Garett James texts and tries to drive as Corinek watches. Corinek said the simulator also imitates various conditions such as driving through fog and construction zones.
- Day care center in church gets special permit
- Husker Heritage tourney returns July 18 with new name
- Borchardt ends career with all-class gold
- AREA NEWS DIGEST
- Input of farmers’ sought for ’15 crops
- Doctor to join GMH after residency
- After tornado cuts swath through downtown, what do you do?
- ‘Ugly corner’ improvements move forward with city council action