Palmer selected to play in Hawaii
Brady sophomore Josie Palmer has been nominated and selected to participate in the Oahu NoKaOi Volleyball Showcase in Honolulu in July.
Athletes from across the United States are chosen to participate not only as quality athletes, but also as students and citizens who will represent their local schools, teams and families in a positive manner.
Palmer is a middle hitter for the Eagle volleyball team and also plays on the Flatrock 15s, a club team from North Platte.
In addition to playing volleyball under college coaches from across the country, Palmer will also have an opportunity to tour the island of Oahu and participate in a Polynesian luau.
To cover the high cost of travel to Hawaii, Palmer will be doing several fund raisers, beginning with a Halloween teen dance and karaoke at the Community Center from 8 p.m. to midnight on Oct. 26.
The dance is open to all teens in grades 7-12 from any school.
Cost is $5 per person or $3 with a costume. School ID will be required and snacks will be served.
Palmer is the daughter of Rob and Tami Palmer of Brady.
- A quartet of Swedes place at District C-4 meet
- Swedes take homecoming loss to Kearney Catholic
- Women in Agriculture conference Nov. 4-5
- Bag of blessings - helping cancer patients find hope
- United Fund kicks off 2016-17 campaign
- Barnes wins national championship buckle
- Training for emergency preparedness
- Gothenburg FFA members compete at state fair