Three injured in two-vehicle accident
A collision Tuesday at the intersection of Avenue I and Washington Street resulted in the transport of three women to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released. Police officer Joe Humphrey said the accident occurred at 9:05 a.m. when a 2006 GMC pickup, eastbound on Washington St. and driven by 47-year-old Kimberly Duggan of North Platte, ran a stop sign and struck a southbound 2002 Ford Explorer, driven by Melissa Smith, 42, of Gothenburg, on the right front door.
It pushed the vehicle into a yard. Smith and passenger Angie Miller, 45, of Gothenburg, were injured. Macalyn Duggan, 20, of North Platte, a passenger in the truck, declined treatment. Humphrey estimated damage to both vehicles at $6,500. He said Duggan was cited for a stop-sign violation.
- Brady blanks Wallace Eagles behind strong ground game
- Learning to teach a new way
- First State Bank buys branch bank in Mullen
- Local business not compliant during check
- Gothenburg girls finish 2nd at Bow, boys are 9th
- Strong Swede ‘D’ makes the difference at Scottsbluff
- Swedes nearly sweep Sutherland triangular
- Eagles volleyball flies at .500