Three injured in two-vehicle accident
A collision Tuesday at the intersection of Avenue I and Washington Street resulted in the transport of three women to Gothenburg Memorial Hospital where they were treated and released. Police officer Joe Humphrey said the accident occurred at 9:05 a.m. when a 2006 GMC pickup, eastbound on Washington St. and driven by 47-year-old Kimberly Duggan of North Platte, ran a stop sign and struck a southbound 2002 Ford Explorer, driven by Melissa Smith, 42, of Gothenburg, on the right front door.
It pushed the vehicle into a yard. Smith and passenger Angie Miller, 45, of Gothenburg, were injured. Macalyn Duggan, 20, of North Platte, a passenger in the truck, declined treatment. Humphrey estimated damage to both vehicles at $6,500. He said Duggan was cited for a stop-sign violation.
- SWC Girls BB Bracket
- SWC Boys BB Bracket
- Swedes grapple to fourth place finish at UNK duals
- Gothenburg triumphs over rival Haymakers
- Capitol Update from Sen. Matt Williams
- McMeen steps down as CEO of McMeen Physical Therapy, P.C.
- Brady dominates Stapleton on home court
- Swedes defeat Sidney for championship