Learning about trees, care
Twelve people joined arborists from across the state on Oct. 3 during a public tour of the Ehmen Park arboretum.
Justin Evertson, who’s employed by the Nebraska Forest Service, said Ehmen is one of his favorite parks because of the diversity of trees.Evertson said three trees grow in the park that aren’t normally found in central Nebraska. They include the June snow dogwood, Cornelian cherry dogwood and Japanese emperor oak.
At least 20 species of trees in the park won’t be found anywhere else in Dawson County or this part of Nebraska, Evertson said.
- Born in a hollow
- GMH prepares for Wellness Fair next week
- Music students receive top ratings at district contest Friday
- Council says ‘no’ to rebuilt fence
- Science Olympians 10th at state
- Riley wins 3200 run in JV invite
- Swede girls are competitive at Bader Invitational
- Reserve girls sweep sprints and relays